Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Hey Sarah remember the other day when we were in the mall and you were annoyed at that little bratty kid screaming and his mother was dragging him by the arms with the look of defeat and I was laughing?? I was laughing because that was YOU.
Watching that young mom sweating and gritting her teeth while trying to keep it together was me 13 yrs ago. Some days I though I was going to have to sell you to the gypsies...little did I know those would be some of the best memories of my life.
From the day I found out I was pregnant to the night my water broke..to when they actually let me leave the hospital with an actual human baby..I had no idea what I was doing.
You were cute yet challenging and I swear you were plotting against me all times..weather it was you waking up suddenly and screaming for what seemed like an eternity while I was trying to take a shower or you puking in the car seat when we had to be somewhere, you always had your own agenda.
Toddlerhood...You didn't just have the terrible two's..you had terrible 3's, 4's, & 5's...you were so stubborn...but I'd give anything to hear your little voice say "Sawah"
I remember your first real booboo, the first time you were sick and how you always wanted to be in your underwear dancing (yes I have that on video)...you could go from sweet to sour in an instant.
I've said "Sarah No" more times that I can count and kissed your face just as many times..
Today you are far from that Bratty toddler (well sometimes) and I am proud to say not only did we both survive the last 14 years..but I didn't screw you up as bad I though I was..no seriously..
You are smart and sweet..beautiful and amazing..talented and persuasive (not enough to get your long board early) funny and sarcastic..witty and sassy and you still have the ability to push me to the brink of insanity in 60 sec or less.
You are one of the best things that has ever happened to me..I am beyond proud to call you my
I love you more than anything else in this world.
at 9:14 AM
Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Who Are You?
Who are you?
I was pretty much trying to avoid this but I was tagged by two pretty awesome people Adventures of ninjamama-her blog and of course The crumb diaries -her blog...
1. Where were you born? Massachusetts
2. Were you named after someone? Nobody great, just some random little girl mom saw right before I was born..I was going to be named Rebecca
3. How many children do you have? 2 daughters, Sarah & Morgan
5. Your worst injury? I was riding on the handle bars of a bike when I was 6 yrs old.. fell off..face planting into the pavement..breaking my nose and fracturing my skull.
6. Do you have a special talent? Talent?? Not really..oh wait I can actually stand on my head for a wicked long time..seriously
8. Favorite fast food? McDonald's french fries
9. Would you bungee jump? maybe...not from my feet though
10. What is the first thing you notice about people? physically I always look at peoples teeth...the next thing that sticks out is if they are overly ignorant and mean.
11. When was the last time you cried? really cried?? I honestly can't remember..I tear up at stuff on a regular basis..
12. Any current worries? I really try not to worry about much..worrying for me just adds stress to whatever I'm thinking about..I would say the thing I think about the most right now is landing the job I want and then being able to carry out that job with awesomeness!!
13. Name 3 drinks you drink regularly. Coffee..diet coke..water
14. What's your favorite book? I love reading, it makes my mind feel sharp...but I go through times when I read for weeks and then I don't for weeks...loved twilight and hunger games..most anything by Harlan Coben (thanks Linda)
15. Would you like to be a pirate? to scurvy for me
16. Favorite smells? wood smoke, baby shampoo
17. Why do you blog? I started it to get out what I'd been holding in..I never thought it would result in more than one or two blogs..even now it takes me a while to write anything because I think..who the hell would want to read this crap.
18. What song do you want played at your funeral? funerals suck..I don't think I want one...more like a celebration of life..play whatever you want..I'm sure I won't mind
19. What is your favorite thing about yourself? Oh Gawd...I can't even honestly answer that..ok wait I can drive ANYTHING
20. Favorite hobby? painting stuff, refinishing old furniture.
21. Name something you've done, you never thought you would do? The last 4 years through me for a loop.nothing to do with cancer but another reason maybe I'll share someday..I never thought my husband and I would overcome the stress and struggles and be more positive now than we were before..
22. What do you look for in a friend? trust and humor
23. Favorite fun things to do? anything with an adventure..zipline, snowmobile with my kids..ski!!
24. Pet Peeves? People who judge you when they have no clue what you're about
25. What's the last thing that made you laugh? Morgan cooking her hotdogs in the toaster.
Now tag some bloggers to pass along this quiz to!
here's a few new faces..
at 8:32 AM